Monday, January 27, 2014
Debate: 27th of Jan. '14
Like last week, debate club today was spent by watching and discussing a video from WSDC. The motion was: "THW legalize the sale of human organs." It was an interesting debate because I personally disagree with the motion, so I had personal opinions on the debate. The affirmative team of this debate is from Pakistan while the opposition team of this debate is from Singapore. In my opinion, the affirmative team started off pretty good. The first speaker had a lot of emotions and facts that support his arguments. However, I believe that the first speaker of the opposition team presented his arguments stronger. He was a better speaker than the first speaker of the affirmative team. He was confident and although he did not have as much emotion as the first speaker of the affirmative team has, he delivered his arguments and evidences clearer and in a more logical manner, thus more persuasive. Throughout the whole debate, the opposition team, however, did not rebut all of the arguments that the affirmative team mentioned. At the end, the affirmative team from Pakistan won. The adjudicator explained that the affirmative team was clear in explaining about how people will be saved by letting the motion pass whereas the opposition team was not really convincing in explaining how they are going to save more lives through their different model. I learned a lot from today's debate club meeting. Even from the adjudicator I learned how to speak in a more organized manner. I realized that sign posting does really help the listener to understand what the speaker is saying. Thus, for my next debate, I should really use sign posting to help my adjudicators understand what I have to say.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment