Monday, February 3, 2014

Debate: 3rd of Feb. '14

Next week there will be a debate under the motion: THBT the media should be prevented by law from intruding the lives of public figures. My team consists of Mandy, Febe and Darrell. My team and I are in the opposition team. I researched and developed some arguments today. I discussed them together with my team mates and they tried to give in some suggestions. I also rebutted some of my team members' arguments so as to make our arguments more in depth and not refutable. I believe we came up with quite a lot of strong arguments, which may be the strength of today's discussion but we haven't decided who will speak first, second, third and fourth as the reply speaker, which may be the weakness of today's meeting.

I am quite excited but also am quite nervous for next week's debate. It's been a long time since I last debated in front of a number of people. I have to make sure I remember to sign post this time so my speech will be organized and easy to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment