Monday, April 21, 2014

Yoga: 21st of Apr. '14

I did the same routine today, but I tried headstand (also known as king of asana/pose) and pushup. Surprisingly, yoga's headstand and pushup are different than the ones I know. After the first time I did this kind of headstand, I got a headache. However, the second time was a bit better. I stayed longer the second time too. Of course, my supervisor/instructor still helped me. She still held my feet and checked if my head was placed in the right position before I did the headstand. This is because this pose is very dangerous. The position of the bone should be right because if not, it will lead to a fatal injury. The pushup I did today was really challenging too. It was more challenging than the normal pushups I believe because my arms should be closely attached to my body.

In overall, today was a fun yoga meeting. I am challenged to be able to do headstand by myself and hold the pushup pose for at least 3 seconds. Right now, I can barely hold the pushup pose for 1 second so I think I've got a lot to work on.

Below are the pictures of how the headstand and pushup look like in my yoga class today:
My teacher giving me an example on how to do headstand
Me trying to do headstand


How pushup in yoga looks like

The steps on how to do headstand

No comments:

Post a Comment