Monday, October 14, 2013

Batik: 14th of Oct. '13

  • What I did today:
    • Drew patterns on papers
    • Traced the patterns on some tracing papers
    • Traced the patterns on the cloth to make a tablecloth
  • How I felt:
    • Challenged with the bigger sized cloth given
    • Challenged to improve in the neatness and structure of the ornaments
  • What I perceived:
    • That Batik artists must be very tired of drawing, tracing then transferring the patterns into the cloth, especially for large sized cloths
  • What I think about the activity:
    •  I think that today’s activity was a bit stressful and boring because I didn’t come prepared with the patterns that I want to use. I used the time during the lesson to find inspiration while I actually had limited time. The activity I did today was kind of boring because I have done this method before and it is not really challenging.
  • What the activity means to me & what is the value of the activity:
    • Today’s activity means the beginning of yet another challenge
    •  I realized that Batik lesson actually tests my patience. Taking Batik lesson does not only teach me of an inherited culture, but it also teaches me on how to become a better person. Therefore, this lesson is very valuable.
  • What I learned from the activity and how this learning (for example, a change of perspective) might apply more widely. 
    • I was stressed out on finding inspirations in today's lesson. Thus, I should've researched at home and come prepared next time. This applies to any other tasks I have to do. For example, I have to come well equipped for biology class, for a test in math class, and for a quiz in economics class.

No comments:

Post a Comment