
What I did today:
Apply wax on the handkerchief cloth according to the marked lines
What I feel about the activity:
I feel more proud of Indonesia's Batik culture as I went through today's meeting because I now truly understand the complexity and difficulty of making Batik Art. Even so, after this week's meeting I don't feel as confident as before in making my Batik artwork. This is because I didn't do as well as I did before. During today's meeting, I did a lot of mistakes. I dripped a lot of undesired drops of wax on the cloth. Even though I covered those mistakes by making the drops as if they were a part of the decoration, making them as flowers, they are not supposed to be there according to the original plan.
I feel more proud of Indonesia's Batik culture as I went through today's meeting because I now truly understand the complexity and difficulty of making Batik Art. Even so, after this week's meeting I don't feel as confident as before in making my Batik artwork. This is because I didn't do as well as I did before. During today's meeting, I did a lot of mistakes. I dripped a lot of undesired drops of wax on the cloth. Even though I covered those mistakes by making the drops as if they were a part of the decoration, making them as flowers, they are not supposed to be there according to the original plan.
What I perceive about the activity:
I perceive this activity as a door to a lot of opportunities because not only did I get to create my own Batik artwork, I also did get the chance to talk and exchange thoughts with experienced Batik artists.
What I think about the activity:
I think today's activity is the hardest so far because it is an activity that I am not used to do. The first few weeks all I did was holding and using pencils, which is something that I practice everyday. Now that I had to use canting to 'draw', it came up to me as a great challenge.
What I learned:
Today I learned different techniques on applying wax (e.g. blowing through the canting so that the wax won't get stuck inside the hole). Learning these techniques enables me to show people around me how Batik is not just an artwork with pretty patterns on it, but it is an artwork that has a lot of deep meanings and also requires a lot of techniques and skills to make it. People will respect Batik more.
I perceive this activity as a door to a lot of opportunities because not only did I get to create my own Batik artwork, I also did get the chance to talk and exchange thoughts with experienced Batik artists.
What I think about the activity:
I think today's activity is the hardest so far because it is an activity that I am not used to do. The first few weeks all I did was holding and using pencils, which is something that I practice everyday. Now that I had to use canting to 'draw', it came up to me as a great challenge.
What I learned:
Today I learned different techniques on applying wax (e.g. blowing through the canting so that the wax won't get stuck inside the hole). Learning these techniques enables me to show people around me how Batik is not just an artwork with pretty patterns on it, but it is an artwork that has a lot of deep meanings and also requires a lot of techniques and skills to make it. People will respect Batik more.
No comments:
Post a Comment