Sunday, September 29, 2013

Batik: 28th of Sept. '13


Since this Wednesday I had Youth Camp, I could not do my Batik lesson on Wednesday. Instead, I had it on Saturday.

What I did today:
- Drew the patterns I want to use on a piece of paper
- Traced the patterns on a tracing paper 
- Transferred the patterns to the cloth to make a handkerchief 

What I feel about today's activity:
Looking at different Batik patterns made me feel really proud of Indonesia's rich culture. 

What I perceive and think about the activity: 
Now I perceive Indonesia's culture highly and so I believe it needs to be preserved. I think that this activity is really beneficial because it teaches me step-by-step on how to make Batik, an important culture of Indonesia. It shows me how complex and rigorous the process is. Today's activity taught me the beginning of Batik making process so I believe that this week's activity is very crucial. In the end, I feel confident in taking Batik lesson as my CAS activity for Creativity because it widens and changes my point of view about Batik and Indonesia's culture in general, it passes on to me a hereditary culture, and also it widens my range of skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment