Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Batik: 11th of Dec. '13

  • What I did today:
    • Continue applying wax using canting on the 2m cloth
    • "Erasing" the unwanted wax on the 2m cloth by putting water on the area where the unwanted wax is in, attach a hot iron on the wax on the cloth, rub the wax off the cloth (using detergent if necessary)
  • How I felt:
    • Interested because today is the first time for me to try to "erase" the wax from the cloth
    • Devastated because "erasing" the wax from the cloth is harder and more time consuming than to apply wax
  • What I think about the activity:
    • I think today's activity is important because after all the mistakes that I made I think it is necessary for me to fix some
    • Today's activity was important because it teaches me a different skill, different than the previous ones I have learned. Slowly I'm understanding all the steps needed to make Batik, which is important because I should learn something wholly and not partly.
  • What I learned from the activity and how this learning (for example, a change of perspective) might apply more widely.
    • It is harder and more time consuming to erase wax than to apply wax on the cloth. This teaches me to be more careful and serious when doing something. I should not depend on the ability to erase and redo what I did. I should not underestimate the first step of a process. Even in my classes at school, I should not underestimate and do poorly in rough drafts because it is better to start right and finish right.

No comments:

Post a Comment