Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Batik: 24th of Dec. '13

What I did today:
  • Continue applying wax on the 2m cloth using canting
    • Added more ornaments to fill up the blank spaces on the cloth
    • Added wax to the part where the wax didn't go through the cloth
    • Covered and decorated the mistakes that I did in the previous meetings
What I learned:
  • I noticed that the Batik artists that worked in the place I have my lesson in are not as boring as I thought Batik artists in general are. I thought Batik artists would be very calm and slow but the Batik artists that I met today actually liked rock music. They listened and sang to it. I shouldn't have prejudices about Batik or any other things.
  • I soon begin to understand and have the feeling of when the wax is not in its ideal temperature and when I should change and re-scoop the wax in my canting. 
What I noticed:
  • I noticed that the ornaments that I made looked like snowflakes, which suits to the occasion this week because it's Christmas holiday! I should've finished it today so that I can use the finished cloth tomorrow, for Christmas! I should've used red and green dye colors too! Too bad I colored the cloth with light blue already.
What I felt:
  • Quite excited to see the result because the 2m cloth is the last cloth I will do for this Creativity activity and first cloth to try applying wax as a base. Almost all of the ornaments I used on the cloth are of my creation so I'm pretty excited to see how it will look like. After adding more ornaments and filling up the blank spaces, the cloth looks pretty good, and that's another reason why I am excited for the next meeting where I will dye and boil the cloth myself to take the wax off the cloth.

No comments:

Post a Comment