Batik: 4th of Dec. '13
- Continue applying wax on the 2m cloth using canting
- How I felt and what I thought about the activity:
- Today's activity was infuriating because I did the same activity as I did before (nothing new) and I kept on facing the same problem (wax accidentally dripping to the cloth). Even though I tried to push back the part of the cloth that is underneath the part that I am trying to apply wax on, doing that is time consuming, complicated and sometimes doesn't even help.
- At some points I was so stressed out because the wax kept dripping from the bottom of the canting to the cloth, making the patterns on the cloth not neat and full of unwanted drops of wax
- Today's activity was quite boring because I did the same thing that I did previously
- What I perceive:
- Do Batik artists feel bored because they are stuck on doing the same routine everyday?
- What the activity means to me and what the value of the activity was:
- Valuable because I get to experience the life of being Batik artist, including the moments when they feel bored and tired of making Batik.
- What I learned from the activity:
- I learned that the wax usually drips from the space between the bronze plate and the wooden handle of the canting. When I take the wax with the canting, the wax creates a small puddle in the space between the bronze plate and the wooden handle, which results to it dripping undesirably to the cloth. So next time, I should pay more attention to that part of the canting before getting the canting near the cloth.
- After all the frustration I encountered when making Batik, I now appreciate Batik artists and Batik Art more because I now know that Batik artists have to be very skilled, careful and most importantly patient.
No comments:
Post a Comment