![]() |
| The Final Result of My Tablecloth Batik |
- Continue applying wax on the 2m cloth
What happened:
What I learned:
- The tablecloth is finished! It has been dyed into a black colored dye and the wax has been taken off through the boiling process.
- I feel happy and proud of myself because the tablecloth looks better than I expected
- Interested because I did something new today. Instead of applying wax (nembok) inside the ornaments, I applied wax outside the ornaments as a base color of a part of the cloth. I blocked and so maintained the first dye color as the base color of a part of the 2m cloth.
- I was confused at some points when I was applying the wax on the 2m cloth because I didn't know what else to do with it, I don't know where else I should put the wax on
- When I was applying wax on my 2m cloth, I felt hopeless because the ornaments looked very ugly. I can't imagine how the cloth will look like when it is finished
![]() |
| 1. The black dye that creates a cool uneven effect in the small white triangle 2. The vague white outline of the big triangle |
- On the finished tablecloth, I saw that the part where I thought I blocked it with wax completely isn't actually blocked completely. The dye seeped into the thin layer of the wax. Even so, fortunately, it doesn't look as bad because of the dark colors used (black and dark brown). It actually creates a cool effect (see the picture on the right)
- On the tablecloth, there are also some parts that should've been white but because the wax applied was so thin it detached during the dying process and got colored in (see the picture on the right)
- There should be repetitions in the ornaments because if not, it will look weird. It will look like a mistake has been done instead.
- When applying wax to the cloth, the lines should be thick so that it can be visible in the final result. The lines that I thought would look very thick when I was still applying wax on the cloth turned out to look normal at the end.
- I shouldn't feel hopeless for my 2m cloth because like my tablecloth it turned out to look better than expected. So, I should not assume that my 2m Batik cloth will turn out horrible. Instead, I should focus on learning from the previous mistakes, improving and giving my best.




No comments:
Post a Comment