Saturday, May 17, 2014

HFH Project: Service Proposal


Together with my friends, I am aiming to fundraise a sum of money to help build houses for the poor through the organization called Habitat for Humanity. My friends and I are planning on selling food and drinks during lunchtime at school every Thursday and Friday, and if we have to prepare in advance, we will do this on Wednesday and Thursday afterschool. After raising some money, we will donate them to Habitat for Humanity in October to support its program called 28uild in which we will have the opportunity to actually help build the houses that we have helped fund.

Through this activity, my friends and I can obtain an experience on how to run an “organization”, but above all, we are able to help others through our own efforts.

Learning Outcomes:
  • I will increase my awareness of my strengths and areas for growth
This CAS activity is more of a project that includes various activities such as cooking, communicating effectively and selling. So, through this CAS activity, I will be able to increase my awareness on where my strengths and areas for growth are.

  • Undertaken new challenges
I am the person in charge for this CAS project. I have 7 people in my team and I have never led a group this big before. So undertaking this responsibility must be a new challenge for me.

  • Planned and initiated activities
This activity is a small student led activity. My friends and I started and planned it.

  • Worked collaboratively with others
Since I am doing this activity together with my friends, this CAS activity will require me to collaborate with others.

  • Shown perseverance and commitment in my activities
To work together will be very hard. We will have problems along the way but we will show perseverance and commitment in order to finish this CAS activity.

  • Engaged with issues of global importance
Through this activity, my friends and I will help poor families, financially and physically, to build decent houses for them to live in. We try to engage with the global issue of poverty, even though our actions will only affect our community. However, we think that it will be more worth it to start small than to never start at all.

  • Considered the ethical implications of my actions
By undertaking this activity, I will be forced to contemplate on whether or not my actions are morally correct. Not only to the poor families my friends and I will be helping, but also to my friends.

  • Developed new skills
Through this activity, I will increase my expertise on a lot of areas, including communication, persuasion, organization, and planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment