- What I did today:
- Applied wax on the 2m cloth using canting
- How I felt:
- Stressed out because I did not finish applying the wax today whereas according to the schedule set for me, I should've finished applying the wax today.
- Today's activity time was also stressful because one of the employees in the place where I have my lesson kept on bothering me so I could not concentrate on finishing my work
- What I think about the activity:
- I think today's activity time wasn't as productive as the previous activity time because I did not cover much task plus I did not finish the task that I should've done this activity time
- What I perceived:
- I realized that the people who are making Batik in the place where I have my Batik lessons are actually not as slow as people say people who make Batik in general are. I am much slower than them.
- I realized that the place where I have my Batik lesson is quite prestigious and looked upon in Bogor because I kept on seeing students from all over Bogor interviewing my Batik teacher, Kak Lisha and seeing the many achievements she and her team have (e.g. last week I couldn't do Batik because she was in Yogyakarta to attend a competition that relates to her Batik business where at the end she won first place).
- What I learned from the activity and how this learning (for example, a change of perspective) might apply more widely.
- I now understand that people actually do value Batik so highly. Before taking this activity, I thought that Batik had always been under appreciated by the society of Indonesia, which was why one other country took it and claimed it. But that isn't true. People actually do value Batik very highly. Maybe previously I was just not surrounded by those people who value Batik so highly. So why don't the people who I know before taking this activity value Batik as highly? This question challenge me to be the one who spread and raise awareness of the high value of Batik in my community.
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Batik: 20th of Nov. '13
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment