Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Batik: 6th of Nov. '13


  • What I did today:
    • Drawing new patterns on papers, tracing papers and a 2 meters new blank white piece of cloth
  • What happened:
    • The tablecloth was dyed in brown dye
  • How I felt:
    • Confused and nervous because I have high expectations for my last Batik artwork, which is the 2m cloth
    • Excited for my tablecloth because the result after it is dyed in dark brown is great!
  • What I think about the activity:
    • Challenging, definitely
    • Interesting because the situation changes all the time. The process of making Batik is very dynamic and not monotonous.
  • What the value of the activity was:
    • The activity done today was basically the whole process of how to Batik (although not all of the steps are completely finished and not all are done to the same cloth). Thus, the activity done today was actually the most valuable activity done so far throughout my Batik lessons. The activity done today was the core of my Batik Creativity activity.
  • What I learned from the activity and how this learning (for example, a change of perspective) might apply more widely.
    • I learned that my first impression about Batik was wrong. Batik is not boring at all. Thus, from this I learned that I shouldn't judge a book by its cover. I should not be so fast in taking judgments, especially about my own country's culture!

No comments:

Post a Comment