Monday, November 4, 2013
Debate: 4th of Nov. '13
Today I debated on the motion: "THBT children who commit major crimes should be punished equally as adults." I was the second speaker, like usual. I think it went quite well. I came up with a lot of good points however I could have done better in delivering the speech. Like the other days, I got very nervous speaking in front of my peers and the adjudicators, Kak Karin and Ms. Debbie. I forgot a lot of things that I was going to say, thus missing out on a lot of what I believe are good arguments for my team's side, which is the affirmative side. I stuttered several times, and that affected the way the adjudicators evaluate my speech. It came to them as if I wasn't confident in what I was saying. I definitely need to improve my tone and confidence. However, in overall, I believe I did well. My team members, which consists of Georgio and Sherni, also did well. As the affirmative team, I believe that my team did okay because for me personally, being the affirmative team is harder than being the opposition team and I believe my team defined the motion quite clearly and also constructed the mechanism pretty neatly. The only problem for my team is probably the way we deliver. At the end, my team won! I was pretty happy but this doesn't mean that I should be contented with the way I deliver my speech in debates. It is important for me to keep on improving so that I can be a better speaker and therefore achieve this CAS activity's objective.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment