Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Yearbook: Service Proposal

Please comment on how this activity will help you to achieve the Learning Outcomes as IB CAS requirement?

The twelve graders have always organized the yearbook. As one of the twelve graders this year, I get the opportunity to be a part of it. We, the yearbook committee, are required to plan and organize programs in order to fundraise enough money to make the yearbook. Through the programs, we will be providing the students, teachers and staffs with different goods and services. We aim not only to gain profit from the programs that we will be hosting, but also to give enjoyment to others. Through the programs that we will have, we hope to lift up the mood and tighten the bonds of the SPH Sentul family, thus living up to our class’s name, Σxv, which emphasizes how the SPH Sentul family is altogether, without any preclusion.


Learning Outcomes:
  • I will increase my awareness of my strengths and areas for growth
Even though I hold the secretary position in the yearbook committee, it doesn’t mean that I will be working on the same task for the entire year. I will be assigned to do other jobs and I will need to help my teammates in their jobs. I will also need to understand the nature of the other jobs in the committee in order to work in the dynamic of the team. Thus, I will be exposed to different tasks in the organization and learn the many different strengths and weaknesses I have.

  • Undertaken new challenges
I have never worked together with some of the members in the yearbook committee. Thus, I will need to learn and adapt to the unique ways of how each of these people work, and I will surely face new challenges in doing so. For example, I have a hunch that some of the people in the committee work to their last minutes (literally). I have never worked together with this type of people before, thus dealing with them will be a new challenge for me.

  • Planned and initiated activities
We have to create a proposal in which a detailed plan should be attached. We may also need to initiate some events in order to fundraise more money.

  • Worked collaboratively with others
The yearbook committee will have to work together efficiently and effectively in order to succeed in creating the year’s yearbook.

  • Shown perseverance and commitment in my activities
Throughout the academic year, surely we will face some problems and difficulties. It is then up to us to persevere and commit or not.

  • Considered the ethical implications of my actions
All of the decisions that the yearbook committee makes have a great impact towards everyone, especially our community at school. Thus, all of the decisions that we as a group and we as individuals make have to be thought of first: if they are ethically okay or not, if they will create problems to other people or not, etc.

  • Developed new skills

Through this activity, I will surely develop new skills, particularly skills for teamwork. One of the examples has already been mentioned previously, which is the skill of adapting to people’s different dynamics of working.

No comments:

Post a Comment