Today is my last yoga meeting. Even so, I will still keep on practicing my yoga movements because I think it would be such a pity if I worked very hard all these weeks but end up inflexible like I was previously before joining yoga.
At the end of this CAS activity, I feel like I have grown not just physically but also mentally. Through the meditation that I have to do in the beginning of every yoga class, I became more patient and more focused. I feel like I am now calmer in handling problems that I have in my life because I learned in yoga class that I have to let go of the worries that I have once in a while.
In the beginning of this CAS activity, I was questioning whether it is ethical to take yoga classes (because a lot of people think that yoga is a process where one needs to unite one's body, mind and soul to reach enlightenment). After going through this CAS activity, I think that yoga is a completely ethical sport. In yoga class, I never was asked to meditate for so long as to unite my body, mind and soul to achieve "freedom" or "peace". The only unordinary thing that I was asked to do was to practice improve my mental state like letting go of my worries. Yoga may not be a conventional sport, but why should a sport that improves mental health be considered unethical?
Above all, I learned a lot from yoga class and I am glad to have chosen yoga as my CAS activity.
No comments:
Post a Comment